Ingredients – Serves 12
- 12 very large eggs
- 350ml (12 fl oz) distilled cider vinegar
- 350ml (12 fl oz) water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
Prep: 15min › Cook: 15min › Ready in: 30min
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to the boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the vinegar, water and pickling spice. Bring to the boil and mix in the garlic and bay leaf. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the eggs to sterilised containers. Fill the containers with the hot vinegar mixture, seal and refrigerate 8 to 10 days before serving.