- 1 Goat Loin ( about 1.5lbs or 750
- Black Onion Seeds, 1 tbsp
- Cumin, 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds, 1 tbsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
Mise en place
- -1/2 Pumpkin
- 1 Egg Plant
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 Lemons
- Handful Almonds
- Handful dried apricots
- 1/2 pint Crème Fraiche
- Handful Smoked Dates
- Chilli Flake
- Lemon Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Step 1 – Meat and Spice Prep
- Trim off the sinew from the goat loin.
- Add Black Onion Seeds, Coriander seeds and Cumin to a hot pan.
- Toast them in the pan over the stove until they pop and begin to smell (these are the essential oils being released).
- Put the toasted spices into a herb grinder working them into a powder (can take 10-15 mins)
- Adding paprika to powder.
- Rub and work the spices into the loin using your fingers.
- Dates smoked in the Traeger at 100c°/ 220f° for 4 hours.
Step 2 – Harissa Sauce
- Using herb grinding stone, add garlic cloves, chilli flakes, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Working it into a paste.
Step 3 – Veg
- Cut ¼ inch cubes of pumpkin and egg plants.
- Fry in hot olive oil over a stove.
- Add a big pinch of spice mix.
- Chop up 3 large tomatoes adding to pan.
- Slice 2 lemons into wedges and add.
- Put in the almonds and preserved apricots.
- Half a pot of crème fraise to add creaminess.
- Add a tea spoon of harissa sauce paste.
- Smoked Dates and mint leaves are finishing touches.
Step 4 – Meat Cooking and Serve
- The ready rubbed spiced loin is cooked over charcoal.
- Allowing it to crisp and cook.
- Leave the loin to stand off the heat for a few minutes before slicing.
- Put a base of the veg sauce onto a plate, with the sliced loin put on top.
- Served with yogurt and spice rub mixed with olive oil.